1908 Inauguration of the Westphalian Provincial Museum 

On 17 March 1908 the Museum of the Province of Westphalia is opened in Münster's town centre. The supporter of the museum at the time, the Westphalian provincial association, constructed a building in the neo-Renaissance style for the museum.

This building houses the collections of the Westfälischer Kunstverein and the Verein für Geschichte und Altertumskunde Westfalens. 
Today's LWL-Museum für Kunst und Kultur with its new building from 2014 harks back to this foundation in 1908.